|Nathan made this montage of our sledding adventure. Notice the look on mom's face. Classic.|
Monday and Tuesday left us watching the skies waiting for a good time to leave. We were so determined to leave Tuesday, that we packed our whole car with enough provisions to spend the night on the side of the road if we got stuck, drove to the store to buy chains and decided to turn back after realizing that on even our little side streets we couldn't see 20 feet in front of us. So, returning home, we started a Netflix trial run and had lots of soup to keep warm.
We drove to Centerville on Wednesday and after going 30mph almost all the way home, arrived around 6pm. We spent the evening playing games and chatting up a storm.
Highlights of Home:
- Sledding Expedition shown above. Featuring the Death Spin. Which consisted of dad spinning the tube very fast as you head towards a man-made jump. This resulted in never being able to see when you were going to hit the jump. Lauren excelled at this and got the best air by far. We also crammed all nine of us onto 2 tubes and headed down the slope, which resulted in a popped tube, a crying child, and lots of fun.
- Thanksgiving: Frisbee, football games, turkey, family, grandpa taking pictures, basketball at the stake center, guestures, 21 people playing "I have never", telling crazy aunt stories, homemade rolls, and a late night.
- BYU vs. Utah Game: Cousins, cousins, cousins, Butter's big screen, crackers and cheese ball, Mike and Tanaeya dressed in Red, about 100 people in Blue. Cheering, screaming, jumping, clapping, a half won, a game lost, furious teenage boys, sad grandmother, analyzing each play, a clear knee down and no reversal, a kick blocked, a game left up to chance. All in all, a great afternoon filled with lots of hope for next year.
- White Christmas Party: Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, the Haynes sisters, and whole lot of cheese. Fireplace crackling, whole family laughing, ridiculous lines and dancing by good ol' Danny, and eggnog to top it off.
- Snow Storm: Waking up on the day we needed to drive back and seeing 4 inches of fresh snow, unplowed roads, and more snow falling. Feeling nervous about driving back, getting 20 minutes from home and having good roads the rest of the way. Home Safely. Must have been the lake effect, right dad?