Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Reason Why...


Remember that dreaded first day of school in Junior High when the teacher would begin to take role, come to your name and just stare at it?  You’d be sitting in your seat, your ears turning red because you knew it was your name she couldn’t pronounce, and you already had acne, braces, and big teeth.  I don’t.  I grew up the confident one sliding in and out of classes with a breeze, Becca Williams, you see, is an easy name.  Plus, I had some sweet overalls and I knew all the backstreet boys songs, so I was kind of a cool kid on campus.

But I guess life always catches up to you.  Here I am wonderfully and happily married to my laughing partner for all of eternity and I’m getting pay back.  BIG TIME.  Doutre.  Easy name.  Nope.  “Dootra?” “D-O-t-er?” “Dootray?”  No, it’s Doutre, like the Dew on a Tree. 

My poor Kindergarteners finally resorted to calling me Teacher Tree (the dew part was too complicated for them).  Hey, I can handle that.  I like trees.

With the development of having to explain my name with each new meeting, Nathan and I decided there was no better name for our blog.  We hope you enjoy reading of our crazy outings, wonderful adventures, and millions of laughs.  The Doutres give you, Dew on a Tree.

1 comment:

  1. Bec, I'm so glad you have joined the blogging world! I'm excited to be filled in on your lives!And I love that your kids call you teacher tree!!

    ReplyDelete