Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Madame Librarian

Pros and Cons to my new Night Supervisor Position at the Library:

Cons:
*My shifts are seven hours long, after a full day of classes.  I work from 4:00-11:30pm so my homework time is kind of shot.

*I get mighty hungry sitting at the desk for that long with nothing to munch on.  Somehow when I'm not really busy I always want to snack.

*I can't plan anything Tuesday or Thursday evenings, pretty much everything has to be planned for Wednesday or Weekends.

*On Tuesdays and Thursdays I don't see Nathan.  We leave at 7:45am and see each other till 11:30pm

*I have yet to see a musical take place in the library.  Every night I dream of people dancing and singing in harmony on the tables and through the book stacks.

Pros:
*I only work 2 days a week (Plus a fast 2 hour shift on Mondays), but then the rest of the week is mine.

*On MWF I have 3 classes and that's all!!  Happiness!  I can get all of my homework done, go grocery shopping, clean the house, ect.

*I never have to work on the weekends.  So I get a real break and an actual day to sleep in.

*I love working in the evenings.  It's slow and I'm able to do homework as long as it is on the computer.  Simple, save my computer homework for work.  Check.

*Nathan brings me dinner.  So I get to see him.  And it makes me happy.

*Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays we get to spend a lot of time together.  Even if that means doing homework.

*I got a pay raise which means I don't have to work as many hours and we can still make ends meet.

*I work with amazing fun people.  It's funny to hear all of the single girl's drama with boys.  It's makes me laugh.

*They always ask me to tell them about Nathan and I, so I get happy all over again.

*I get to help people and go out of my way to help them have a good night.  I love that.


Mostly good with a few down sides.  So, Life is Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment