Tuesday, September 24, 2013

toddler bed phase one

This last Saturday, we set up the toddler bed for the smallish child.  I am NOT ready for her to be in the bed yet seeing as she can open doors and she won't stay in bed.  So right now it's set up in her room and we just do a lot of talking about how she'll get to sleep in her big girl bed when she gets bigger.  This will be quite a process seeing as I'll need to get her to stay in that bed, leave her crib empty for a little while and then convince her that the crib is now Brigham's-a process that will take months.  Good thing I'm not in a rush to get Brigs into the crib right now.

For now, she loves simply spending time on that wonderful thing.  The day we set it up, she literally didn't leave the bed.  She would get off to grab a toy or book and then get right back on.  A few days I've let her take a nap there but our rule is that if she gets off the bed, she has to go in her crib and she always gets off (to get a toy).  So she always get's put back in her crib.  This is fine for me.  It gives me a chance to start teaching her to stay in her big girl bed without any harm to me.  She normally gets off her bed within the first 5 minutes of going to sleep, so I just plan that in and don't start anything until she's in her crib.


She was very insistent that the picture of the temple go right there.  I'm not going to fight her on wanting the temple right where she can see it.  **Cue letting go of my OCD tendency to have things look just so in a room**

Singing Away

About 700 mosquito bites on her arm.  Mother of the year right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment