Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Camping 2014-Part II

 Like so many things about this camping trip, our hike was good for the soul.  This is the view from the start of our hike.  It was interesting because we hiked down into the canyon to see the falls.  This is the view of the back side of Mount Timp.  It was absolutely breathtaking and has inspired us to make sure we hike to the cave before summer is out.

 The hike was at cascade falls.  The boardwalk crossed in front of lots of levels that looked just like this.


 We saw a deer dead center in the river as we were crossing the bridge.  By the time I pulled out the camera, it had turned to walk off, but I caught it's backside:)

 I realize that the shadow is right on her face, but she wanted to get down, so I only had one shot.  This tree was hollow and amazing!  I tried to get her to go inside the tree, but she was totally freaked out by that idea, so this is as good as we got.



Eden LOVES fairy tales/nursery rhymes right now.  I tell all of the stories at least 10 times a day, so when we got to a bridge, we had to act out 3 Billy Goats Gruff as per Eden's insistence.  She loves to be the troll.  This is her "coming up to eat you!" to the "Biggest Billy Goat Gruff".  I love this girl.  I love the pretending stage that she is in, and I love that Brigham loves to play along with her.  Life with two kids is so blissful right now.  Most of the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment