Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Parenting Lesson #1


Parenting Lesson #1: If you walk into your 1 1/2 year old's room after her nap and see something that looks very much like pieces of chocolate covered raisins all over her bed, don't be fooled.  It's not chocolate.







Once upon a time, I was single and newly married and the parent to a brand new baby, and I KNEW that somehow I could stop my child from doing gross things.  Then I had a toddler.  Part of the joy of motherhood is learning to take a deep breath when something like this happens and try REALLY hard not to think about how unhygienic and TOTALLY gross this is.  Sometimes there is nothing you can do about a situation that your child has been in.  You have to clean up and move on.  Getting upset doesn't help anyone.  Also, you learn to grab the camera first to capture the memory and to keep lots of air fresheners for moments like these.



3 comments:

  1. Oh Bec. I've been there! Parenthood is always an adventure... huh?? Well you're pretty much the best mom there is. Your kids are pretty darn lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA no worries! I saw on Nathans blog that he already took responsibility for this so you are off the hook! When are you coming to Colorado to visit us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we were coming really soon! We sure miss the two of you and wish we could hang out on a regular basis. We'll let you know if we ever head that way. And you keep us posted on if you are ever in Utah-we'd do anything we could to make sure we were around when you come.

      Delete