Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Deal Me In

I love a lot of things in life, but one of my very favorite things in the world is getting a good deal.  There's nothing better than the thrill of walking out of the store, my arms loaded with things I love for a great price.

Yesterday, I walked into Khols to exchange a few things that I was given for Brigham that he never wore because he grew too fast.  And what did I walk out with? (Please forgive the pictures, it's rainy and no light is coming in.

10 shirts/pants for Brigs (varying sizes), a dress for Eden, and jeans for me. All for $26.47.  Can I get a what!?what!?

As you can see these are high quality clothes.  Carters is a great kids brand.  The shirts ranged anywhere from $12.00-24.00 normal price, Eden's dress was originally priced at $32.00 and my jeans were normally $44.00.

I found the clothes on the 70% and 80% off racks.




As you can see, I paid little to nothing for these BRAND SPANKIN NEW kids clothes that will last me for years!  My jeans came out at a staggering $9.60.  I'll tell you what, my theory is that if I find a pair of jeans that fits me, I buy them!  And if they are only $9.60 I would be a complete fool to pass it up.  To make the deal even better, I got a $10 Khols cash coupon for making this purchase, meaning that I can go back today and get 3-4 more shirts for my kids for FREE.  Yes, FREE.  That will mean that I will get roughly 14 shirts/pants for the kids, a Sunday dress for Eden and jeans for me for a mere $26.  (Do the math, that's less than $2 a piece including adult jeans)

I love dressing my kids in really cute, new clothes, but that doesn't mean that I turn up my nose at used clothing.  I'll get a deal however I can and I frequence the D.I. and yard sales each week to see if they have anything good-the rule of thumb is that if you always have what you need, you'll never be forced to pay more money for something just because you need it. So when you find a great deal, stock up!  Buy things in bigger sizes so that your kids will grow into them.  Yes, you don't need a 2T shirt for your 3 month old right now, but if the deal is incredible, you may as well buy one because otherwise when he gets to be 2T and you find you have no clothes for him you'll pay full price for things because you need them.

The best way of getting clothes for the kiddos are hand me downs (let's face it, they sometimes grow out of a size in a week and $3 is way more money than you should spend on shirt they will only wear once!).  If you can pay $0 for clothes, that's the best deal of all.  The picture below is of a bunch of clothing that my cousin gave me yesterday.  Most of the clothes are size 2T but there are a few 18M, 3T, and 4T along with 3 great pairs of shoes and socks galore.  Thank you, thank you to those who have given me things!!  I even have a whole bag of things to pass along to someone else because I was given more than I need.

 But somehow, even though free is best, I still love the thrill of the shopping even more.  Here's to finding great deals and walking away knowing you are awesome:).

**Watch for my follow up post that will share how I keep track of what clothes my kids have so that I can quickly grab things that I know they need when I find a good deal.**

No comments:

Post a Comment