Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Last year, we went to my sister and brother-in-law's home for Labor Day weekend in order to help them with their harvest and had so much fun, we just had to do it again.  We spent the weekend picking the garden, canning and freezing tons of veggies, swathing?, and generally having a wonderful time.  We sure love spending time with our family and missed Blake and McKay so much.

Little Alfalfa moment for Brigs

My first attempt of "getting in the shot".  I want my kids to know that I was there with them, I want them to look back and see my love for them. So my goal for the next few weeks is to work on getting some beautiful shots that show that I was there.

Selfie

There's no getting this girl to look at the camera when there is a tractor to watch.

Eden loves Lauren and Aubrey so much, I love getting shots of them together.

Lauren is such a champ, she spent her whole weekend carrying Eden around to everything she wanted to see.  E loved watching Clark on the lawn mower.

The boys husking corn. Nate, Levi, Kyson, and Ty.

What's a family weekend without any sports?  Sport of choice this time?  Volleyball.  Shout out to my little sister, Aubrey who made the Jr. High volleyball team as a 7th grader!

Making Jam with Katie's delicious raspberries.

Licking sugar

Aubrey and Lauren made the jam this year and even did a great job of letting Eden help without getting jam all over her, a feat I'm sure I wouldn't have pulled off.

No comments:

Post a Comment