Tuesday, October 8, 2013

two birthdays...of sorts



This kid is 4 months old!  Can you believe it!?  He is still the most beautiful, happy and giggly child you've ever met.  He spends his days smiling and laughing CONSTANTLY. (Well, as long as he is in the same room as other humans.)  If I have to be in the other room, I just ask Eden to play next to him and he's happy as can be as long as she'll sit next to him.

Our doctor appointment isn't until later this month, so I'll post official stats then, but he's roughly 17.5 lbs (as good a reading as I can get with having to hold him on the scale.)

He wears mostly 9 month clothes, but sometimes 12 month stuff.  His legs are chubby as can be!  I really need to get a picture of all of his rolls that I just DIE over.  Nathan accidentally put him in Eden's diapers the other night and they fit well enough to keep everything in all night long- that shows you how chubby this handsome guy is.  We are just in love with him and feel so blessed each time we hear his delighted laughter fill our home.



In other news, this lover of mine turned 26!  I am so blessed to have him in my life and am constantly amazed by all he does to show me how much he loves me.  I am one lucky girl.  This man literally gives, gives, gives all day long and gives any extra time he has to make sure that I'm taken care of and get some time to myself.  I can't believe the sacrifices that he makes for me.
We spent his birthday watching general conference and his brother came down from Idaho so that they could all go to Priesthood session together.  Nate loves being with his family so it was the perfect day for him.

The next day, we celebrated with my family and tonight we even get to use one of his presents by going out to dinner and to the Jazz game together.  Might I mention how much I love gifts that are for Nathan but that I enjoy as well?  Okay...I LOVE them!   It's like a few of his T-shirts that are officially mine now because I've worn them so many times they just end up in my drawer.  This man sure puts up with a lot.

All in all, life continuous to be so good to us.  We spend our days laughing hysterically at things that Eden says and staring in amazement at our two miracles.  We've dreamed about this for so long and sometimes we just look at each other and can't believe that we are truly living our dream.  Life isn't perfect, it never will be, but we have so many things to be thankful for. We are especially thankful for the power of prayer and the guidance that comes from the Holy Ghost as we try to figure out this parenting thing.  How grateful we are to know about the Plan of Salvation and our role as parents on this earth.

One of my new favorite songs to sing to the kids is "I Lived in Heaven" from the Primary Children's Song Book.  I don't know how I ever missed how significant that song is.  It completely outlines why we are here and how we can get back to our Father in Heaven.  I am amazed each time I sing it that I have the privilege of knowing those truths and for the direction they have given and will continue to give me in my life.  I hope that my children will sense as I sing that how much their Father in Heaven loves them and how much he wants them to return to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment