Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Brigham Roger is 1

I needed to acknowledge that this boy is one!  I can't believe that it has been one year since I've done the hardest thing I've ever done.  I've never been so scared, or happy, or miserable, or joyous, and I've never felt as much love as I did when he was finally placed on my chest.

He has brought such joy to our lives these past 12 months.  I'll have to write more after we move and get settled.  It's a good thing he is 1 and has no idea that it's his birthday because with moving in 3 days, we are having some cupcakes with candles in them and giving him a book.  Eden gave him a little truck, but we're saving our real present for after we move.  There is no way I'm moving another thing that can easily wait until after our move.  So we'll have a party with our family in a few weeks when we're all settled.

At that point, I'll do a cute photo session and I'll document Brigham's highlights from this year.  But until then, I just need to document how much I love him.  His coming stretched me in every way possible; from letting me know he was ready to come to our family far before I was prepared, to having heart problems during pregnancy and after, to coming so fast I delivered naturally without being prepared for that.  It is his life that has taught me to really trust my Heavenly Father.  I told a friend the other day (she just found out that her son has a few health concerns) that we are so blessed to have boys with small problems and big hearts.

While Brig's little heart has a tiny irregularity, it is so much better than mine in so many ways.  I love my boy.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that either one of you had heart irregularities! Where are you moving to? Congrats! He is a darling little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I've loved reading your posts! It's been fun to catch up on the things in your life. Can't wait to see your house-the kitchen looks beautiful! So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete