Monday, May 26, 2014

a break to talk about an amazing woman

Well, I'm about as tired of packing as one can possibly be, and writing seems to be therapeutic for me, so while I should be working like crazy...here I am to document one of the greatest women alive. This is my grandma.  One of two amazing, incredible, loving, nurturing grandmothers. 

I'm so glad I snapped this shot of her at our annual family Easter Egg Hunt.  I don't have many pictures of my grandmas in recent years and that HAS to change.  They have shaped me so fully into the person I am.

While Grandma probably won't like the look on her face in the photo, it captures so many of things I love about her.

 First, during the Easter Egg Hunt, my grandpa was really sick in the hospital.  Grandma didn't leave his side except for this family event.  She and grandpa have always showed me that family comes first.  Always.  That family is extremely important.  That it's worth sacrificing for.  That family means putting aside differences and giving everything you have in love.  They taught me that family will always be there for you.  Once you are a part of the Williams' family, you can never get away.  It truly is the more the merrier as we all bring our in-laws, our friends, our evil next door neighbors, and while they are with us, they are family; and they'll probably be invited to the next family gathering even if their connection person isn't coming.  My testimony of eternal families and everyone being my brothers and sisters came easily because of the example taught by this woman.

Also, she doesn't go anywhere without that trusty camera. Notice it hanging around her neck so that she can whip it out at a moments notice and then print all of the pictures off with multiple copies.  She needs multiple copies because she sends the picture to ANYONE who is in the shot.  She really documents and records our family history with that camera.

She and my grandpa have served 3 missions together.  That was a huge sacrifice for her (I've already explained how important her family is to her).  And yet, 3 times she left us all so that she could serve her Savior and her Father.  She plays the organ in the temple and spends hours and hours there every week.  She is at all of our sports games, choir concerts, weddings, baptisms, birthdays, ect.  And that's quite a lot when she has almost 40 grandchildren all living within 20 minutes of her.

This woman is always up for an adventure.  She still does aerobics faithfully, loves camping, tells doctors that she can beat any odds, and is the most loving, patient and kind grandmother and great-grandmother anyone could ask for. 

I could go on and on, but someone has to pack those toys...

 

1 comment: