Sunday, May 18, 2014

We Bought a Home

Well, we did it.  Thursday afternoon we closed on our first house.  And it felt amazing.  Our loan officer (Nathan's awesome aunt...ask me if you need a loan officer, she was INCREDIBLE to work with and really knows her stuff) asked us if it was hard handing over the check.  And I responded even suprising myself that it wasn't hard at all.  We have worked SO hard to have that money to put toward a house.  And when I love a house as much as I love this one, it felt perfect to hand over the money that was designed to go there.

Because we bought a home that wasn't even on the market yet, there aren't any pictures up to show you.  I went through and took some, but I want to wait to really put up pictures until it's our stuff in there.  Most of the house is BEAUTIFULLY decorated and I don't want you to be let down after seeing her amazing style:)  But, I'll give you a little sneak peak of the kitchen.  Keep in mind that all of their blinds were closed and I was snapping fast so I wouldn't take up too much of their time.

 I'm going to paint the yellow wall behind the oven.  It is the only wall that isn't a tan-ish color and I'm not the hugest yellow fan, but pretty much, that's the only change I really need to make.  The pantry is right behind Nathan and Brigham there in the corner.  And we'll be using the computer center on the left of the picture as our microwave station right now.  (Our computer is our TV so it doesn't really make sense for us to have it in the kitchen right now.  I also want more counter space so I don't want my microwave taking up that whole corner of space. Ultimately I hope to put it above the stove.)
I'm standing in the kitchen for this shot.  Let's just take a moment to acknowledge that there is a dishwasher.  4 years of marriage, and 6 apartments later, and this will be the 2nd one we've ever owned.  Oh, to simply rinse the dishes and stick them in a box to run later in the day. 

Also, there is no carpet in the kitchen and bathroom.  BLISS!  It's the small things in life.  My mom gave us advice when we were married to pick the dinkiest apartment we could because we would love to always move up.  And that advice is really coming to fruition.  Going from our apartment now to this home is NIGHT and DAY. 

Most kitchens these days have more counter space.  But, if you could see what I have now, you would be in AWE of this one.  I have as much working space as there is underneath that microwave.  So I'm thrilled beyond measure to have a whole bar of space.  Also, I have a pantry!  One that I don't have to walk through the whole apartment to get to.  (I'm currently using a closet that it by my master bedroom, through a doorway.   And anytime I need something, I have to go walking through the whole place to get it.) 

Anyway, we are thrilled to have our own space.

I told Nate that the first thing I'm going to do is run through the house, waving my arms in the air and screaming.  Because I can.  Because FINALLY I don't have to worry about my kids bothering neighbors.  Eden is almost 3.  And for 3 years, I have been paranoid that I'm bothering everyone around me. 

We feel so blessed.  So very blessed.

3 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful!!! :) So excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see more pictures!! Ahh! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Becca, that is the best post! I LOVE the kitchen! Those white cabinets are adorable. I am most excited that you can scream in your own house. I will someday have that same luxury. Screaming and vacuuming at 7:00am. Congrats, woman. Can't wait to see more pics too!

    ReplyDelete