Sunday, August 24, 2014

Did you forget? I live in a beautiful place.

This post is for those of you who think I'm crazy moving to Clinton.  I'm a girl who grew up in the suburbs of Salt Lake City, moved to Idaho and fell in love with the open fields and non-existent traffic, but still found myself longing to live close to the shopping I needed.  I moved back to Bountiful after Idaho thinking I'd love it again, and realized that my ideals had changed.  Clinton has  provided me with the happy medium I've been craving.  I can get to about 5 of the best stores in less than 5 minutes (and two different major malls within 15 minutes), but I have a duck pond 1 block away and a whole farm country where I can buy fresh corn/peaches/veggies of all sorts right from the farmers 5 minutes the other direction. (Not to mention letting my kids see the hundreds of cows, pigs, and horses that inhabit the fields).  No cars drive down my street, and when I walk in the stillness, I get to see this...

P.S.  In true Becca form, none of these are edited; this is raw beauty folks.



Feast your eyes.  And please understand that I'm a LITTLE obsessed with the sky.  For me it is a symbol of my Heavenly Father and His love for me.  I just can't keep my eyes (and camera) away.  I may or may not be the crazy lady in the Walmart and/or Target parking lot running frantically to my car with my purchases because I just have to grab my camera and take a shot of the sky, light posts and all before it changes.  I may also have been crazy enough a few times to be climbing on top of my car in a dress in said parking lots to get a better shot.  Eden may or may not always be really worried about me being up there and wondering what I'm doing.


                     ^^ These two photos are credited to the Neighborhood Walmart parking lot^^


  Why yes, this horse pasture is 1 block from my house and takes me 7 minutes to walk here with my stroller.  #souljuice
 I love that I changed the settings on my camera with this one to make the horses and clouds darker-to me it only makes the beauty of the sun-burst better.  To me, it signifies that Christ can reach through any darkness I am feeling to light my path.  I love that the rays burst through the darkest of clouds.  I look at this and know that He is aware of me.

           ^^Gazing at serene farms with a beautiful sunburst?  Don't mind if I do.  Once again, about 5 minutes walk from my house.  Ahh, so picturesque.^^  I also love that mountain in the distance with the plateau.  God's creations astound me.
 ^^The Duck pond.  Complete with a perfect reflection of the sky above and beautiful trees.  To both my right and left (not pictured) were old men sitting on coolers fishing.  Seriously.  I live my life in a story book or something.^^
                        This needs no words from me.  It is simply perfection to my heart.
          Maybe it was growing with Anne of Green Gables that has me loving warm, quiet nights with beautiful fields.  But, I also can't give up my mountains.  Serious beauty I tell you.

Well, I warned you.  And just to make you feel better, please know that I only forced you to look at a few of the pictures of sky from my collection.  I hope you all like pictures of sky and kids, because that is really all I love to capture:)

Thanks for taking a stroll with me through my town's skies.  And come and visit, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment