Friday, August 2, 2013

SOMETIMES WHEN YOU GO TO THE ZOO, YOU DON'T

My parents have a pass to the zoo that also gets two guests in for free.  Because both my kids are under 3, that means that my whole family gets to go to the zoo for free with them.  We've been planning a trip to the zoo for quite some time, and finally yesterday, both our schedules were free.  Nathan wanted to come to be with Eden at her first time at the zoo, so he went to work early in order to be home by about 3pm.  We loaded in my parents minivan, complete with snacks, both carseats, and the stroller and got on our merry way.

Just as we were approaching Salt Lake, we heard a HORRIBLE scrapping sound under the car.  It sounded as if something had dropped off the bottom of the car and was dragging along the pavement while we drove.  Mom pulled over to the side of the rode and Nate crawled out to check out the situation.  There was VERY little room in the emergency lane, so we couldn't get a very good look, but there was a metal piece dragging on the ground that looked like it was holding up a bigger piece.  We didn't want to risk the bigger piece falling out, so we called the tow truck.  Eden thought it was lots of fun to climb over all the seats, push the buttons she normally can't get to, and eat all the snacks we brought to the zoo.  My aunt came and picked up the kids and I (my two little sisters, and my two kids) and Nate stayed with my mom so she wouldn't have to ride with the tow truck guys alone.  My aunt dropped the kids and I off at our house and then I went to pick up my mom and Nate when they got to the mechanic. When I pulled up, all of them were laughing like crazy, and the mechanic had a piece of metal in his hand.  Come to find out, it was a piece of fence that had somehow hooked onto the bottom of the van.  It wasn't even part of the car!  We could've just pulled it off and been on our  way.

If you are a sibling of mine, you will remember the TRAX experience.  Well, this was a similar type situation and now I will forever remember the time that we ALMOST went to the zoo.

This picture really should be with the last post. Here are my two kiddos.  Brigham is 2 months here and Eden is 20 months.  As you can see, there is not too much of a difference in size.  This is good news seeing as when Eden tries to pick him up, she can't:)

Eden's bear.  She carries this thing around constantly.  Notice the yarn hanging off it's nose.  Also, every morning we have to put a bow on the bear when we put a bow in her hair.

Eden really wanted to wear 3 bows to the zoo.  I figured it wasn't worth the fight.  This is us waiting for Nana to pick us up.

Brig didn't mind at all that the car broke down.

I'm just so in love with this kid!!!

Nana talking to the tow truck guys on the side of the freeway.

It's a little dark, but you can see the piece of metal hanging down below the van.

Nate with dirt all over his shirt from laying under the car.

Hanging in the car waiting for our ride.

2 comments:

  1. This is a random question, but what kind of stroller do you have? I figure we'll need a double... I just have no idea which one to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh TRAX. Good times! Sounds like a classic Williams Family moment.

    ReplyDelete