Monday, January 13, 2014

a memory resurfaced

Yesterday I had a memory flash into my mind and I realized that I never recorded it anywhere.  Anyone who has ever rocked a sack of potatoes at the grocery store will certainly enjoy this recap, and everyone else probably will as well.

Two years ago, my sweet Eden was a new born.  I was in love, but I was also completely overwhelmed.  She only slept if I was holding her and she went through a period of time when she was waking up every hour to eat.  Let's keep in mind that she ate for 45 minutes.  This means that I would sleep for 15-20 minutes before she would be up again ready to suck.  (Thank goodness for Babywise and Happiest Baby on the Block.  They revolutionized my life and she quickly became the best sleeper of ALL TIME.)

But needless to say, I was extremely tired during this period of my life.  Nathan had a church calling that involved knowing some pretty sad things that were happening in people's lives.  On one particular Sunday he came home pretty upset about something.  He couldn't tell me about it, but he sat next to me needing some comfort and support from me.  As we sat talking and he was expressing his sadness, I suddenly realized that I had Eden's pacifier in my hand and I was about 3 inches from his mouth with it. 

I burst out laughing, realizing that subconsciously I was trying to soothe my husband by stuffing a pacifier in his mouth.  #youknowyouareaparentwhen

No comments:

Post a Comment